Are you suffering a lot due to cavities in your mouth? Do you know that How A Simple Twist In The Diet Can Help To Reverse Your Cavity? After reading this question, you may think 2 things:
1. A change in the diet can’t help to reverse cavities.
2. You have absolutely no idea that food has a few elements to reverse cavities.
The right answer to this question is that you can reverse some cavities by changing your diet plan. Some foods are bad for your teeth as they lead to cavities. On the contrary, there are certain foods that oral bacteria despise. When you eat those foods, they help to heal your demineralized teeth (which usually happens due to acid attacks from bacteria) and stop the formation of cavities.
What kinds of foods should you include in your diet?
Don’t expect that every kind of cavity can be reversed by a change in the diet plan. If you have developed a severe cavity in your mouth, then you should consult a good dentist as soon as possible. However, if the cavity is small, then a change in the diet can help to produce good bacteria, fight cavity, and avoid expensive dental treatment.
Here are a few types of food that you should definitely include in your diet when there is a small cavity in your mouth.
1. Mineral-rich foods: Phosphorus and magnesium are essential for having cavity-free teeth. When you have a cavity in your teeth, you should eat these foods:
- Sprouted Grains
- Dark chocolate
- Leafy greens
2. Vitamin D foods: More than 75% of people suffer from vitamin D deficiency. Vitamin D regulates the phosphorus level in your body, which help to keep your teeth strong. It helps to get calcium into your teeth.
Here are a few foods that help to increase the level of vitamin D:
- Fatty fish
- Egg yolk
- Cod liver oil
- Beef Liver
Include these foods in your diet every day. Go for a morning walk every day. Take sunbath for a minimum of 30 minutes before 8 am. The vitamin D level in your body will gradually increase.
3. Calcium enriched foods: Calcium functions like a buffer between your bacteria and teeth. It helps to prevent and reverse cavities in your mouth. Milk is the best source of calcium. But there are other types of foods that are rich in calcium but are not milk products. Some of them are figs, lentils, almonds, poppy seeds, salmon, sesame seeds, kale, spinach, tofu, rhubarb, etc.
4. Vitamin K foods: According to a study in 2007, the majority of healthy people have vitamin K2 deficiency. Lack of vitamin K2 can lead to serious health issues like diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and osteoporosis after a long time.
Vitamin K2 plays a big role to complete the process of digesting and distributing calcium in your body. You need vitamin D, vitamin A, vitamin K2, and calcium to remineralize your teeth. Some foods that have vitamin K2 in good quantity are butter, chicken liver, natto, goose leg, grass-fed beef, egg yolk, etc.
What else do you need to change in your diet?
Apart from eating the aforementioned foods, you need to reduce the consumption of foods containing sugars and phytic acid.
Bacteria love sugar because it gives breeding ground to them. Plus, sugar accelerates the process of demineralization and decalcification. If you want to reverse the cavity, then stop eating candies, sweets, and cakes. Stop drinking cold drinks and sodas. They are nothing but sugar. Use raw honey and maple syrup while cooking foods. These are natural sugars and don’t harm your teeth.
Phytic acid is dangerous for your teeth and body. It drains out minerals from your teeth and stops the enzyme reaction in your body. In ancient times, people used to apply various traditional cooking methods like sourdough fermentation and sprouting. Modern cooks hardly use these cooking techniques, which kill phytic acid.
Phytic acid is generally found in foods like beans, nuts, and seeds. If you seriously want to reverse the progress of the cavity, then stop eating foods that are high in phytic acid like nuts, beans, grains, and soy. In fact, you can consult a dentist to get a proper diet plan before making any drastic changes.
Always remember that your dental health is not static. It will change from time to time due to remineralization, demineralization, brushing, flossing, and other factors. When you eat food that is rich in calcium, minerals, vitamin D, and vitamin K, it helps to strengthen your teeth structure. But whenever there is demineralization, your teeth become vulnerable to acid attacks triggered by bad bacteria. If these acids are not cleaned properly, your teeth enamel and structure start decaying gradually.
If you have a toothache due to the cavity, then see a dentist immediately. Find out if the cavity is small and can be reversed through a proper diet. If the cavity is severe, then opt for dental treatment in your place. If you live in Rajarhat, Kolkata, then you should get dental treatment in New Town Kolkata without any further delay. Your tooth is precious. Don’t let minor cavities damage it and affect your dental health. Your tooth deserves to get love, care, and proper attention. Take care of it before it stops you from enjoying all the delicious food in this world.