For addicts in Washington discharged from rehab, looking for sober living homes is the next logical step towards complete recovery. These homes are called halfway houses near Washington because they are half way between a rehab and resuming one’s normal life. They help addicts in transitioning back to their regular lives.
How halfway homes in Washington can help in recovery:
- Addicts who have been in rehab centers undergoing treatment for alcohol addiction need proper care and monitoring. Once they are out of the rehab, they can feel tempted to give into their cravings. It is the duty of a halfway house to make sure that he stays sober by providing him with a healthy, clean, and drug-free environment.
- Halfway houses are typically run and supervised by those who have been addicts in the past and successfully overcame their addictions. As a recovering addict, you may feel intimidated by the thought of living with strangers. But the house manager will ensure that residents follow protocols and discipline is maintained inside the house.
- It is in the halfway house that an addict learns to become responsible and accountable for his actions. He knows that he has to stay sober to recover fast. And the halfway house offers him just the right kind of setting to do that. Here, he is taught the importance of discipline, why he must work to pay his rents, and how to become self-sufficient.
- As a resident of any sober living facility, you have to sign a contract stating that you will not abuse alcohol and drugs and follow the rules. The better halfway houses will maintain strict vigilance and penalize you, or even throw you out for violating rules. They will arrange for routine drug tests for its residents to make sure everyone stays away from substance abuse.
- Halfway homes help to bring back some structure into the lives of addicts. This is especially beneficial for someone trying to get back to his normal life after fighting addiction. So, a good halfway home will encourage you to search for jobs or even volunteer at places. Residents are made to attend 12-step programs through AA meetings.
- When you stay in a halfway house, you have to pay rent for your accommodation. For this reason, you will need to find employment. Besides working outside, you are expected to do household chores like keeping your room clean or helping in the kitchen.
- Halfway homes are most useful for addicts because you get peer support here. People you live with here have battled addictions themselves and are in a far better position to help you. As residents, you can discuss your treatment and progress. This support from fellow addicts can help you go through the tougher days.
- A halfway house is a perfect place for a recovering addict especially if he belongs to a dysfunctional home. In an unhealthy environment, his cravings will be heightened and there will not be anyone to monitor this. But being in a sober living home helps because there will always be others around him to support and help him stay sober.
Halfway House Directory offers you an easy way to find halfway homes near you. You can search for these facilities in the state of Washington by zip code. Halfway House Directory will advise you about facilities that they feel will be the best for you or your loved one.