Netgear AC1200 (R6230) WiFi router delivers Gigabit Ethernet speeds and AC1200 WiFi so that you can enjoy the uninterrupted internet speed needed for applications such as ultra-fast speed, multi-player gaming, lag-free multiple HD video streaming, and a secure WiFi connection.
In addition, its external antennas provide improved fast and furious internet coverage for larger homes, apartments or buildings. Netgear AC1200 (R6230) is a 10x faster WiFi router than any 802.11n routers and is very much compatible with next generation WiFi devices. Additionally, it is backward compatible with 802.11 a/b/g/n devices also.
Netgear AC1200 WiFi router delivers more than 300+900Mbps† speed and simultaneous dual-band WiFi technology. It also reduces wireless interferences that are caused by metal appliances, electronic gadgets, Bluetooth speakers and devices, cordless phone, and baby monitors.
This smart wireless router, when connected with Netgear range extender via mywifiext also helps in expanding the range of existing WiFi network 20x faster
You just have to plug in both the devices into an electrical outlet to get the job done. When you plugged in your devices, the LED lights on your devices will start blinking.
For Netgear extender setup process call our technicians at toll-free number 1-877-425-5462.
LED Descriptions of Netgear AC1200 (R6230) wireless router
Solid Green:- Your router is turned on properly and is ready to use.
Blinking Green:- Netgear router firmware process is updating.
Off (No LED):- Lack of power supply to the router.
Solid Green:- Your internet connection is ready to use.
Off:- Your main router and the existing modem is not connected with each other through Ethernet cable.
Solid Green:- Wireless radio is in progress.
Off:- Wireless radio is disabled.
Ethernet Ports LED
Solid Green:- A WiFi-enabled powered-on device is connected to the wireless router Ethernet’s port.
Off:- No device is connected to the router’s Ethernet port. And if no device is connected, you cannot configure your router through Netgear genie setup page.
Solid Green:- A USB device is ready and connected properly as well.
Blinking Green:- The USB device is plugged in properly and is in the process of connecting.
Off:- No device is connected.
Blinking:- If the LED lights on the AC1200 (R6230) WiFi router is blinking, then it means that you have pushed it to connect your WiFi-enabled device or Netgear range extender with it.
If the lights on your device are stable, it means that Netgear router has successfully connected to the WiFi range extender (if have) and your networking devices.
Back Panel on your Router: Ports, Buttons, and Connectors
The back panel of your Netgear wireless router provides:
- DC power connector.
Additionally, the two external antennas at the back panel of your Netgear router contains the following components:
- WPS Button: This button is used for connecting WiFi-enable devices to the Netgear router.
- On/Off WiFi button: Pressing and holding this button for a couple of seconds enables the WiFi radios.
- USB Port: Make use of the USB 2.0 port to connect your Netgear router to a USB device like a printer.
- Ethernet LAN Ports: If you wanna connect your Netgear router to LAN devices, then you have to make use the four Gigabit Ethernet RJ-45 LAN ports.
- Internet WAN Port: If you want to connect your main router to the existing modem then use the yellow Gigabit Ethernet RJ-45 WAN port.
- Reset button: Pressing and holding the reset button on your device will restore all the personalize and default settings on your wireless router.
- Power (On/Off) Button: Push this button to provide a proper supply to your Netgear device.
- DC Power Connector: Attach the power adapter to the DC power connector physically and properly.
Moreover, for fast and continuous internet range, do the following things.
- Update your router and the existing modem timely.
- Place them in range of each other away from ceiling fans, home security systems, microwaves, solid metal door, aluminum studs, fish tanks, mirrors, brick, concrete walls, cordless phone, Bluetooth speakers, baby monitors, dishwasher, metal and electronic appliances, and gadgets.
- Locate them at a higher shelf – in an airy room and a clean surface.
So, now you know how Netgear AC1200 (R6230) WiFi router will help you to increase your existing WiFi range. To set it up, you can reach us via an above-mentioned toll-free number or you can also drop your queries below.