QuickBooks is one of the frequently used accounting & financial management software that aids to figure with multiple users at a time. However, this software isn’t completely free from errors that will interrupt your work. In this post, we’ll discuss the QuickBooks Error 1601. Generally, Error 1601 arises while QuickBooks installation isn’t updating or the error code messages appear during performing on the software.
What is QuickBooks error 1601?
This is a java error that happens when the installation isn’t updating. This error comes up with a mistake message saying the windows installer isn’t accessible. There are often a couple of possible triggers to QuickBooks java install error 1601, which we’ll be discussing afterward. Getting obviate this error becomes easy by completing a couple of simple methods.
Possible Causes of QuickBooks Error 1601
The major reasons behind the QuickBooks Install Error 1601 are discussed below:-
- Generally, error codes are on top of these generated once within the windows. If get infected with a widespread attack associated with the software package.
- The QB issue goes to the required place once if the QB downloading the file is faulty.
- If the Microsoft Windows installer gets corrupted.
- When there’s no permission to place within the QuickBooks software or a Windows OS.
- QuickBooks not installed correctly or damaged QB installer
- It might be all programs square measure infected by malware & viruses.
Methods to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Install Error Code 1601
The Error code 1601 in QuickBooks are often swiftly resolved by restarting the system, and attempting one or more of the subsequent fixation methods:
Method 1: Check windows installer service
To repair the QuickBooks install error 1601, the user can review and reinstall the windows installation service. The steps applied during this method are as follows:
- First of all, Start the system, and hit the “Start” button.
- Enter the “msc” within the search window.
- In the pop-up screen, select the “services (local)”.
- Act right-click on the “Windows- Installer” and “Properties” tab.
- In the “Properties”, attend the “Startup-Type”, verify if it’s “Disabled”. If it’s disabled, then choose the “Manual” tab.
- Choose the “Service Status” and to enable the Windows set it to the “Start” icon.
- This fixation method will resolve the QuickBooks error 1601 if it had been the Windows installer issue that made the Error to seem. If not, then proceed with the subsequent fixation method.
Method 2: Registering the windows installer again
- The very initiative is to travel to the “Start” tab.
- And then, hit the “Windows+R” keys simultaneously.
- Now, proceed to the “Command Prompt” window type-in the note “msiexe/unreg”.
- Followed by, clicking on the “OK” tab.
- Confirmation message will pop-up on the screen. For confirmation, hit the “OK” tab.
- Again, choose the “Start” then hit the “Windows+R” tab at an equivalent time.
- In the “Command Prompt” screen, type the “exe/regserver” & hit the “OK” button.
- Whenever the confirmation message pop-up, hit on the “OK” tab to verify.
- To end the method, verify if the QuickBooks error code 1601 continue or not with the QuickBooks software installation process. If not, then plan to download the windows installer remake.
Method 3: Use QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
- Install and Use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool, it can fix many issues originated by various third-party applications like .NET Framework, C++, and MSXML.
- After that Start the system & login as a supervisor.
- On the pc, open the browser & attend “QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool”.
- Hit the install Diagnostic Tool Download link.
- Now save the file to the local desktop and shut the background program.
- Hit twice onto the QBInstall_Tool_v2.exe file & press the run as an option.
- Lastly, it’ll run an entire scan of the system and repair all the problems.
Method 4: Perform a clean install of QuickBooks desktop
To fix error 1601 you’ll perform a clean installation of your QuickBooks desktop:
- Firstly you would like to uninstall your QuickBooks desktop
- After that search and open the folder that contains your QuickBooks data files. This is often usually your QuickBooks folder. It’s usually in one among these locations:
- C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\Users\(current user)\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- 64-bit version C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- Hit a right-click on folder then choose Rename option.
- Now add the OLD extensions at the top of the folder name.
- This will prevent the QuickBooks desktop from trying to open it once you reinstall it.
- Finally, install your QuickBooks Desktop another time.
Following any of the above-stated methods can help the user in fixing QuickBooks java error 1601. But if anyhow, you encounter any issue like this or unable to perform the steps correctly.