Typically, this Italian sausage is sandwiched between two slices. However, there are several other ways to use Toscano salami in different Italian dishes. Here, we have shared three such recipes with help of Sogno Toscano.
Let’s get right into them.
Chickpea Salad with Salami
To prepare this recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Giardiniera (1 cup), and pickling liquid from the jar (2 tbsp)
- Drained capers (2 tsp)
- Finely chopped garlic (1 small clove)
- Black pepper & salt (to taste)
- Rinsed chickpeas (2 cans of 15 ounces)
- Thinly sliced salami (1/4 pound)
- Thin slices of cheese (1/4 pound)
- Chopped head frisee (1 small)
- Thinly chopped basil (2 tbsp)
- Add giardiniera and the pickled water into a food processor. Plus, add olive oil, garlic, capers, and the pulse. Once, all ingredients are finely chopped, season them with salt and pepper.
- Now, in a large bowl, toss salami, chickpeas, cheese, frisee, and basil.
- Add the chopped giardiniera dressing we prepared, and mix it well to serve.
To prepare this Toscano salami recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Olive oil (1/4 cup)
- ¼ inches finely diced salami (3/4 pound)
- Bucatini (1 ½ pound)
- Egg yolks (6)
- Cheese (1/2 cup), and some extra for the serving
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Firstly, in a skillet, add 2 tbsp of olive oil. Cook the salami at a moderate flame for 20 minutes or until it is tender.
- At the same time, cook the pasta al Dante in a pot of boiling water. Reserve 1 ½ cup of the cooking water aside.
- Now, take a medium-size bowl and add yolks, cheese, and the rest of the olive oil. Whisk them together.
- Add the pasta and ½ cup of reserved water into the salami and cook at moderate heat for 2 minutes. Remove the skillet from heat and instantly add the yolk mixture, plus the remaining saved water.
- Now toss the pasta until it’s creamy. Season it well with salt and pepper.
- Lastly, serve it and sprinkle some extra cheese over it.
Potato, Cheese Frittata with Salami
To prepare the salami with Italian cheese, you’ll need the following:
- Cooking oil (2tbsp)
- ½ inch cubes of baking potato (1 ½ pound)
- Salt (1/4 tsp)
- Eggs (8)
- Ground black pepper (1/8 tsp)
- Grated parmesan (1/4 cup)
- Sliced salami (3 ounces)
- Butter (1 tbsp)
- Goat cheese (1/4 pound)
- In an oven-proof frying pan, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil at medium flame. Then, add the potatoes and salt. Sautee those for 5 minutes or until the potatoes are brown. Turn off the heat and let it cool.
- Take a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, pepper, and parmesan cheese. Then, mix the salami and potato in it.
- In a pan, add butter and the remaining olive oil at medium heat. Pour in the egg mixture, while reducing the heat to low. Add goat cheese to the mixture.
- Cook the eggs for about 6-7 minutes or until they are set.
- Now, heat the broiler. Keep the frittata 6-inches away from the heat and broil for 2 minutes.
- Then, loosen the frittata with a spatula and serve it onto a plate to serve.
Try Out Delicious Toscano Salami Recipes
Salami is an important ingredient in Italian cuisine and can be used to make snacks or full heavy meals. If you haven’t tried yet, you can start by trying these recipes. Use turkey salami or other types of salami based on the taste you prefer.