There is no doubt that QuickBooks is one of the best accounting software available in the world. Today, right from big organizations to small businesses, everybody depends on this new age application which has changed the way accounting and bookkeeping are done. Moreover, users reconcile checking, savings, and credit card accounts. You can also undo reconciliation in QuickBooks Online due to various reasons like the payment has been recorded for a wrong date, incorrect statement date.
Advantages of Account Reconciliation in QuickBooks:
The reconciliation feature in QuickBooks can help you gain a better insight into your business by tracking income and expenses. This can help you make a considered decision for your business. You can also keep your bank information intact, and easily detect any discrepancies. In addition, you can keep an eye on your employees and vendors and prevent them from committing fraud.
Learn How You Can Undo or Delete Reconciliation in QuickBooks Software
In this article, we will discuss how to undo A Reconciliation QuickBooks. In QuickBooks Desktop users can undo past reconciliation in one step. If the Undo option on the Action drop-down isn’t showing, it’s possible that you’re not using the QuickBooks Online Accountant (QBOA) version. If you are still unable to Undo Reconciliation in QuickBooks Online then you should seek assistance from the QuickBooks Experts. Not only does application has some amazing features but also its support is available
Related Post: Cancel Bank Reconciliation QuickBooks Online Desktop
Benefits of Reconciling your Accounts in QuickBooks
• The users can easily determine fluctuations in income.
• You can take decisive actions when you see any possible signs of risk.
• Capture various unseen bank errors.
• Helps you stop fraud by employees, vendors, etc.
Steps to Undo Reconciliation in QuickBooks Online Accountant
• First of all open QuickBooks Online Accountant and login as an Administrator.
• Secondly, from the drop-down list, choose the company file of the client.
• Now click on Settings icon >> Tools >> Reconcile.
• Go to Reconcile an account page and choose History by an account.
• You have to choose the Account and Report Period to search the reconciliation you need to undo.
• Go to Action column and select Undo.
Steps to Undo Bank Reconciliation In QuickBooks Online Accountant Version( QBOA
• First of all, you require to click on the “Gear” icon.
• After that click on the “Reconcile” under tools.
• Once more, you need to select the bank account that you want to “Undo reconciliation”.
• Now, just keep your mouse over the reconciliation month you want to undo.
• Throughout that time you will notice an UNDO button to the right of the auto Change column.
• After that simply click on the UNDO button.
How to Undo Reconciliation in QB Manually?
To achieve this task, you have to go to the Chart of Accounts software, where if you can see the Accounting Software history. Now, you can choose a specific account you want to edit and then go to the Reconcile status with a check-mark against it. Finally, you can change the position by looking at the stop sign. Consider the abbreviations -c (clear), r (concordance), and neither empty to en capsulate nor clear.
Reasons to Undo Reconciliation in QuickBooks
The users can undo reconciliation in QuickBooks due to several reasons, some of them are listed below:
• The payment was documented for the wrong date.
• The transaction isn’t clear.
• The bank reconciliation was compelled and it is required to correct in a definite order.
• The date recorded in the bank statement is incorrect.
In QuickBooks Desktop Versions
If you have QuickBooks Desktop version like QuickBooks Pro and QuickBooks Premier Support then you can un reconciled a complete reconciliation by tapping on Reconcile Now from the Banking screen and then choose Undo Last Reconciliation.
We hope, we were of help
Having a decade’s worth of experience in QuickBooks cloud hosting, we find it safe to say that fixing bank reconciliation problems is way easier on the Desktop version of QuickBooks, than on the online version of it We are in keen anticipation that this blog involving all the detailed steps on how to solve QuickBooks reconciliation problems would have helped you troubleshoot your problem anywhere anytime. For any further assistance, you can also connect with our QuickBooks Live Chat 24×7 customer support.