Today there are a huge number of people suffering from depression and these are most common questions “What Is Depression? How It Can Affect The Mood And Sleep?” for who are suffering from. Depression is a disorder of the mood that is associated with sadness. It’s natural to feel a sad time to time, according to the environment. Sometimes’ these sad feeling becomes long-lasting, intense, or severe which leads to several disorders.
Depression symptoms include:
It is the normal part of the life. Sad events happen to everyone, which can change the mood. After an incident, if you feel hopeless and miserable, you surely are dealing with depression.
Depression is known as a severe medical condition, which can worsen over time if remain untreated.
Depression in some condition can be a constant state.
Symptoms of depression in victims may include:
• Mood – anxiousness, restlessness, irritability, anger, and aggression
• Behavioral- loss of pleasure and interest, feeling tired, thoughts of suicide, use of drugs
• Sexual – lack of sexual performance with reduced sexual desire
• Cognitive- inability to concentrate, delayed reflexes
• Emotional – feeling, sad, empty, and hopeless
• Sleep – insomnia, restlessness, excessive sleepiness, loss of sleep especially in the night
• Physical – fatigue, pain, digestive problems, and headache
Causes of depression
Several high-risk factors can cause depression. These factors can range from biological to circumstantial.
Some common causes of depression are:
• Early childhood trauma – You will surely at high risk of depression if you have a family history of depression
• Brain structure – If the frontal lobe of your brain isn’t that active, this can be a high risk of depression.
• Medical condition – Sometimes poor medical conditions can lead you to mood disorder, from which depression is on the top of the list
• Drug use – misuse of drugs and alcohol can put you on the high risk of depression
Types of depression
Depression can be divided into various categories depending on the severity of the symptoms and cause. Some people on initial stage experience mild or temporary episodes, while the one with critical and severe conditions experience continuous episodes.
However, there are two primary categories, Major depressive disorder, and persistent depressive disorder.
Major depressive disorders
As shown by name, this is the most severe stage of depression. It is characterized by a persistent feeling of sadness, worthlessness, and hopelessness, that needs proper treatment to resolve.
To diagnose clinical depression, you might experience five of the following symptoms over two weeks.
• Feeling depressed most of the day
• Sleeping too much
• Loss of sleep
• Slowed thinking or movement
• Fatigue or low energy most days
• Thoughts of suicide and death
• Loss of interest in regular activities
Persistent depressive disorder
A persistent depressive disorder is often called dysthymia. This form of depression is mild but chronic.
The people with PDD can experience:
• Loss of interest
• Feel hopeless
• Lack of productivity
• Low self-esteem
Treatment for depression
Living with depression can be difficult and useless, but treatment can provide you proper and quality life. You can talk to the doctor and describe your feelings. So the doctor can prescribe you the best treatment.
Medication for depression
The doctor may prescribe you antidepressants to overcome your depression condition. He can also prescribe you sleep medicines to increase the quality and the quantity of the sleep. You can buy sleeping pills online to minimize the depression and feel relaxed.
Light therapy for depression
Exposure to daylight therapy can increase the capability in your body to regulate the changes in your mood. This therapy is effective in seasonal effective disorder.
Alternative therapies for depression
Ask your doctor of acupuncture and other medications. Some herbal supplements can also be used to treat the depression and sleep disorders.
ExercisesAim for 30 minutes daily for physical activity. Daily exercise can improve your mood by increasing the production of endorphin in your body, which is a hormone that improves mood.